Monday, September 6, 2010

one sad experience

I had some very sad experience with some of the people i met. Let just share 1 of them where he allow me to share

1)Freshly grad as a 1st class honour, everything is going for him. He got a good job and he have plans to settle down with his girlfriend that have been dated for a long time. As usual, I met him do a presentation on what I do, he know the importance of protection but not his priority at that time. He thought he is young and healthy.So he decided to take up the policy in Dec with me. However, just last week, he called me and ask me whether he can buy it right now. I say of course, it is better to buy 3 years early than 3 days too late. Then i ask him why you change your mind. He told me, he went for a check up by his company and have some bad news on his heart.He ask if he can be cover under that. Unfortunately, after the underwriting, he cant be cover if he have any illness related to his current condition.

He was soooo down. 25 year old 1st class honors and working in a prestige company and something happen to him.He ask my advise on what to do next.

Well, i tell him that u still carry on with your planning for protection and investment. Do not bcos your existing condition is not cover then all protection planning is neglected. This is a single point of failure assumption.Get protection to cover for all others things. So if those other things happen you will be prepare to face the financial problem involve. At the same time, i advise that he have to save up himself to address to the medical bills of the disease he is suffering.Maybe get his girlfriend to save up for him too. Discuss with his girlfriend about these, so you guys have a common ground of when to get marry( do you need to delay), change of ideal honeymoon trip, and also wedding gift etc...

Pretty sad and disheartening, it is also quite detrimental to him and his close one. Things happen to him, but his close one have to suffer with him too. Sometime i wonder, did i do my job well by trying to convince him in the earlier time when i met him?If so and he decide to take up the policy later, then maybe i would feel better.