Saturday, October 10, 2015

Dilemma


Hey Folk

I came across this very interesting video by CNBC. They interviewed the former Fed chairman Bernanke. Please pay attention to what he said for the whole length of video and particularly on 40 second to about 58 second.
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000428960

40 to 58 second obviously tell us that these people, investment bankers, government, sovereign wealth fund etc knew things that we common people do not know. I wrote this before, saying that my personal experience with these people is that they know things way ahead the news are release. So they will have already be in the market. When the news released, common people will come in and buy or sell a position that the smart money do not want. So in other words we take the goods they do not want and give them the money. That is why again in the COT, the small speculator or the others are always in the wrong direction. Also news are extremely lagging.

Most of the time we try to second guess or think that the policy maker or some bosses made a dumb ass choice or decision. But slowly I realize that I think they know exactly what they are doing. The reason we do not get it is that we do not know the real reason behind what they are doing. Things always make sense once you know all the facts, even if is not to our liking. But what I know is I do not know what the real reason is and I do know that we do not know the truth.

China

In the video, Bernanke also said that the stock market in China and the economy have no linked. I cannot remember where and when, I read this from our local newspaper saying this as well. The economy in China is doing a transformation, all transformation have certain shake up thus the stock market had a dive. Having said all these are useless now as things already happened. So for me, the COT, seasonal, relations and trend are still my best tell signs of where the money is going.

Russia

Their economy are greatly hit since the Ukraine incident. Now they are in the middle east. The shocking part is nobodies know how on earth they transport fighter jets and tanks into there. They are so stealth. I think the fact is I do not think they are there to fight the IS. They are there to restore their economy.

By helping these countries except Saudi, they can come in talk about the production of oil. If they can cut the supply of oil, they most likely can let the price of oil increase. Which in a way will save the dying economy of Russia.

What I believe/ my opinion (may be dead wrong)

We are entering into a slow growth pace globally. Since the Fed is not printing money and coming into the market, the market had lost it artificial simulator. Thus the upward thrust movement of the market will not be as spectacular as the previous years. We are still in a 0 inflation environment which tell us very vividly that there are no spending activities. A lot of money are lock up and kept in stash. I really hope that the US would not go into a deflation like Japan. If so, the whole globe will most likely to suffer a extreme slow growth, which surely impact all individual life. I also think because of this the interest rate would not rise.

We are in a downtrend. But we have not break the low created on Aug 2015 and most importantly Oct 2014 lows. I see very strong buys in the COT, slight divergent of relationships between sectors. If you are trading, I guess is best to stay sideline until the coast is clearer.

There is still no need to change fund yet. We are still within a big range.

Untill next time….